Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:38:48 GMT
From:      "spider 90" <spider90@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Permissions

      I sent an email a little earlier but I am not sure it came thru as I
am have difficulties with my hotmail account. The address is
spider90@hotmail.com. The issue I am having is I am attempting to mount my
floppy drive but it is not listed in /etc/fstab. So the book complete
freebsd advises you need to use the MAKEDEV  command so when I try .
/MAKEDEV fd0 I get a permission denied /usr/sbin message. I am root and in
fact I dont have a user setup yet. Isnt root supposed to be able to access
or use MAKEDEV. I spend 2 hrs trying to use that command but no success. Any