Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 14:43:18 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        will@physics.purdue.edu, Ying-Chieh Liao <ijliao@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/x11-fonts/webfonts Makefile distinfo

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 10:38:38PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
>                     ^^^^^ - WTF it is? There should be NetBSD!
> 		    ;-P

There is, but I've not had luck booting it via tftp (gets to the NetBSD
kernel ident, but then stops there, can't load kernel etc.. I've not
cared enough to figure out why, since I have real work to do).

Besides, this machine's an SMP Ultra2.  I'd hate to waste the 2nd cpu
just to run NetBSD, unless I'm mistaken and they've added SMP support
for sparc64 recently (which I highly doubt given the current state of
the port).

> I'm trying to be at the safe side. After all, we gain almost
> nothing by distributing those fonts as a package on our ftp
> server. It is not something that requires huge computation
> resources to produce.

You're probably right.

--
wca