Date:      Sat, 05 Sep 1998 09:06:49 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 3.0 enters BETA status in 12 days!

At 04:58 AM 9/4/98 -0700, you wrote:
>> What does this mean?  How/when will we branch out a RELENG_3_0_0 and
>> take -current to be 3.1-current?
>
>Both premature questions.  I don't think we know yet.

I don't think that the question is premature.
At some point (perhaps immediately), some committers will have to be able
to "bite the bullet" and admit that their code will not be appropriate
for inclusion in the 3.0.0 release.

Are you suggesting that they "go away" until 3.0 gets released?

I would suggest, however, that rather than putting this future stuff
in the "head" branch that a side branch be set up and that branch merged
into the head after the 3.0.0 release.