Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:49:04 -0600 (MDT)
From:      David Martin <dmartin@sdln.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   who command irregularity

Hello,

>From time to time, I'll be logged into my FreeBSD 2.2.6
machine and I have to log in as another user.  After
exiting from the second account, the who command still
shows the second account as being logged in, however
the whoami command displays the correct userid.  This
isn't much of a problem, although users have tried to
talk to the second account, which of course isn't logged
in.  Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it
just something i'll have to live with.

Thanks for any help.

David Martin