Date:      Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:04:24 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Adrian Mugnolo <adrian@mugnolo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: upgrade from 4.0-RELEASE

Since nobody else has replied yet ...

I don't believe it's possible to upgrade straight from 4.0 to 4.3. I think
you have to go to 4.1.1 first or something, however I don't know the
details. A search of the mailing list archives may prove helpful, or
someone else on the list may have more details.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this (anyone?)

-Bill

Adrian Mugnolo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a reasonable way to upgrade systems running 4.0-RELEASE?  I've
> synced the sources but I've repeatedly encountered compilation problems
> while building world.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards

"Where's the robot to pat you on the back?"