Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:21:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount options display (detailed)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> On 24/02/2012 15:56, jb wrote:
>> how can I display detailed mount options, e.g. rw, async, acls, atime, ...
>> This regarding local fs or NFS.
>> 'mount' does not do that.
>
> mount -p
>
> This is actually something you could in theory have worked out from the
> mount(8) man page, so long as you knew what 'fstab format' meant.
> Perhaps that page could do with a little editing so that it doesn't
> assume so much prior knowledge of its readers.

>From the man page:

-p   Print mount information in fstab(5) format.  Implies
      also the -v option.

'mount -p' shows me something that looks a lot like my own /etc/fstab.
It appears to be showing me what's mounted right now, but it does not
display any mount options. This is on 8.0-STABLE; maybe things have
changed in the Brave New World of Nine.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]