Date:      Wed, 03 Apr 2002 07:06:36 -0500
From:      "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recompilin kernel on 4.5

>>>tr a-zA-Z n-za-mN-ZA-M < /usr/src/games/fortune/datfiles/fortunes-o.real
>>
>>>fortunes-o
>>>tr: not found
>>
>>Looks like tr was not found in your path, for some reason.
>I think what tr is trying to do, the target isn't found? not sure?

No, the error message means that the command tr isn't found.

>I put it in my path again and recompiled kernel, same error came.

What do you mean by 'put it in my path again'? I thought you said it
was already there? If you did put it in your path 'again', did you
do a rehash?

Did you run which from the same directory that you do the install
from?

--
Jonathan Arnold             (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
The Incredible Brightness of Seeing, a Home Theater weblog