Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:03:55 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Steve Price <steve@havk.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Verizon woes

At 2:17 PM -0500 7/23/01, Steve Price wrote:

>  Let's suppose they do make it stick though.  What other options
>  are there besides addressing every message as being from @verizon.net?

	This issue has come up recently on the dc.sage mailing list.
I'll tell you the same thing I told them -- get another provider,
now.  From what I understand, Covad is in bad shape right now,
presumably because they don't have enough customers.

	If enough of bloody tightwads would stop their griping and
actually do something about the problem (i.e., vote with their feet
and switch providers), then maybe Verizon would wake up and smell the
manure.

	I've had Speakeasy highly recommended to me, and I believe that
they are a Covad reseller.

	Now, everyone else can stop bitching until they've lived in a
country where, by law, there can be one and only one *DSL provider
(the former PTT), and where the entity in question completely owns
the regulators so that they can rape the customers in any damn way
they can see fit.

	Try Belgium on for size, and see how you like it.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>          */