Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:28:49 -0700
From:      "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   microuptime() went backwards

I am encountering a new problem with my primary unix machine. In
the last two weeks, I have been getting the error  "microuptime()
 went backwards (49869.438718 -> 49869.-694941947)". The numbers
do change with each message.

I am not running any real time critical applications on this box,
but I am wondering if there is a config file that needs changing,
or if my hardware is causing problems. I have also noticed no
other errors due to this other than the messages that get sent to
the system log.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain this problem, and
double-thanks to anyone who knows a way to solve it.

Aaron Burke
aburke@nullplusone.com