Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:26:15 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_fxp driver

At 08:45 PM 3/20/00 -0800, David Greenman wrote:
>>I hope your happy, but do you know the answer to my question? Has the
>>driver been updated recently?
>
>   Not to fix the problem that you are reporting. The solution might be as
>simple as adding another PHY identifier to the list of supported ones. I need
>to find some time to sit down with one of the not-working cards and fiddle
>with it. I was going to do that this past weekend, but then got sick with a
>virus. It's on my list.

Ok. Thanks. Mr. Peters thinks that I should spend a half day searching for,
installing and testing the "latest driver" (of course latest depends on
where you happen to download it from), when it seems to me that asking the
developers if a particuar issue has been corrected is a more reasonable
approach.

Shoot me for using an available resource.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.
---------

http://www.etinc.com
ISA and PCI T1/T3/V35/HSSI Cards for FreeBSD and LINUX
Multiport T1 and HSSI/T3 UNIX-based Routers
Bandwidth Management Standalone Systems
Bandwidth Management software for LINUX and FreeBSD