Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:33:13 +0530
From:      manish jain <invalid.pointer@gmail.com>
To:        Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com>
Subject:   Now problems with mouse and sound (Re: In addition to -> 7.2 panic  during installation : AP #1 (PHY# 1) failed !)

Hi,

After 6-7 reboots, I managed to get the 7.2-RELEASE installation media to
boot and install properly.

2 issues still remain however.

1) No sound : My Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H board has onboard Realtek High
Definition Audio. Since I couldn't figure out which driver would work with
this, I put sound_enable=YES and snd_driver_load=YES in loader.conf to load
all available drivers. Gnome's Volume Control applet still remains crossed
out in red, which would mean the system couldn't locate an appropriate
driver.

2) No mouse : I am using a Logitech USB mouse and my rc.conf has
moused_enable=YES, along with entries for the AUTO protocol and the
/dev/ums0 device. However, at boot-time I get the message "Module uhub/ums
failed to load : 17" followed by a complaint by moused that /dev/ums0 does
not exist. There is no mouse cursor on the console at the time I get to the
login prompt. There is a wierd way however of getting the mouse to work.
Change it from one USB port to another 1-2 times and finally the kernel
picks up the mouse and creates /dev/ums0, after which the cursor appears and
the mouse works okay. But I have to do this everytime I boot FreeBSD, which
doesn't look an attractive option at all.

Can somebody please help me with either/both of these issues ?

Thanks in advance.

Manish Jain
invalid.pointer@gmail.com