Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:42:15 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        "Dan Z." <marisombra@mindspring.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Staroffice 5.2 Port & Linux Base 6.1

Dan,

Try this (off the top of my head, not responsible for damage to
system, make backups, blah blah blah blah):

Install linux-base first, get it working, then go after SO.

It looks like your package installation failed sometime during the
install phase, so be sure you blow away /compat/linux first.  If you
have an old linux_base, pkg_delete it, make sure /compat/linux is
empty or nonexistent.

If the port fails, and you have bandwidth or a CD, install linux-base
from the package.

Then proceed to staroffice.  You should be fine.

Good luck!

==ml

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 11:55:19AM -0400, Dan Z. wrote:
> Greets,
>
> I'm having difficulty installing Staroffice 5.2 on 4.1-Stable, I can't
> think of a way around this, so I'm wondering if I could get some help
> :)  Builds fail with the following:
>
> ===>  Extracting for staroffice-5.2
>  >> Checksum OK for staroffice52/soa-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.
>  >> Checksum OK for staroffice52/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin.
> ===>   staroffice-5.2 depends on: /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base
> ===>    Verifying install for /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base
> ===>  Installing for linux_base-6.1
> setup-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm
> filesystem-1.3.5-1.noarch.rpm
> basesystem-6.0-4.noarch.rpm
> ldconfig-1.9.5-15.i386.rpm
> glibc-2.1.2-11.i386.rpm
> termcap-9.12.6-15.i386.rpm
> libtermcap-2.0.8-18.i386.rpm
> bash-1.14.7-16.i386.rpm
> ncurses-4.2-25.i386.rpm
> zlib-1.1.3-5.i386.rpm
> info-3.12h-2.i386.rpm
> fileutils-4.0-8.i386.rpm
> grep-2.3-2.i386.rpm
> binutils-2.9.1.0.23-6.i386.rpm
> gd-1.3-5.i386.rpm
> gdbm-1.8.0-2.i386.rpm
> glib-1.2.5-1.i386.rpm
> package glib-1.2.6-2 (which is newer) is already installed
> error: /usr/ports/distfiles/rpm/glib-1.2.5-1.i386.rpm cannot be installed
> *** Error code 1
>

> Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
>
> Daniel J. Zaccariello

Michael Lucas