Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 13:55:24 -0700
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
To:        Roman Kurakin <rik@cronyx.ru>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System

> Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 18:13:01 +0400
> From: Roman Kurakin <rik@cronyx.ru>
> To: Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
> CC: arch@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System
>
> Kirk McKusick wrote:
>
> >My forthcoming book, ``The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD
> >Operating System'' can now be pre-ordered from Amazon.com, see
> >http://tinyurl.com/2bklt. Details on its coverage can be found
> >at http://www.mckusick.com/FreeBSDbook.html.
> >
> >	Kirk McKusick
> >
> Any discounts for commiters?
>
> rik

I have not been successful in getting discounts in the past as this
book is put out through the textbook side of Addison-Wesley. Since
they have a lock on the student market - that is students generally
have to buy the books for their classes - the books just sell for
list price. I can get a 10% discount if I buy 50 books, but by the
time I pay to ship them the savings is lost over paying list price
to Amazon.com and getting free shipping. So far at least even
Amazon.com is offering no discount and they have a bit more leverage
than I do :-) Anyway, if I do find out about a better deal, I will
let you (and the other committers) know.

	Kirk McKusick