Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:40:33 -0500
From:      "Steven N. Fettig" <steve@stevenfettig.com>
To:        Jon Larssen <jonlarssen@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.6-RELEASE & VMware 3.0

Jon Larssen wrote:
 > Hiya,
 >
 > can anyone succesfully install 4.6-RELEASE in a VMware virtual machine?
 > Care to share some tips?
 >
 > Regards,
 > Jon.

Jon,

I lied...  I don't know how, but too little sleep is really affecting my
actions.  I was NOT able to get FreeBSD 4.6 to install under VMWare 3.1
- The one that worked was FreeBSD 4.5 and the one that DIDN'T was 4.6 -
the second one I claimed to have working.  I started going through the
install process as I replied to your mail and it locked up.  I have been
able to reproduce the locked-up state 5 times now, so I'm sure it
doesn't work for *me*.  I am investigating why it isn't working, but for
now don't know and don't have the time to figure it out...

Sorry,
Steve