Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:15:43 +0100
From:      Yann Berthier <yb@margoulins.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   -current and (not) pccard modem

   Hi,

   Is it just me, or is there anybody else bitten by this too ?: I
   can't use a pccard modem in my -current box. Tried several cards, the
   last being:

   Card "HAYES CORPORATION"("HAYES ACCURA V90PC CARD") [[none]] [[none]]
   has function ID 2
   sio4 at port 0x2e8-0x2ef irq 11 slot 1 on pccard1
   sio4: type 16550A
   sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode
   sio4: GENERIC PCMCIA modem inserted.

   My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 8000 for what's worth.

   My system hang solid when I insert the card or when I launch pppd, it
   depends.

   I tried several kernels since the last 2 weeks with freshly cvsupped
   sources, be it OLDCARD or NEWCARD, without success.

   The only solution I found for now is to boot with an old kernel :

   FreeBSD ogoun.hsc.fr 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #5: Tue Aug 28
   00:53:16 CEST 2001
   yann@ogoun.hsc.fr:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/FERAILLE  i386

   Internet via a plain old modem is already a pain in the ass, but if I
   must stay with a kernel totally out of sync with my world, i feel
   very unlucky :)

   a dmesg, my kernel file and my device.hints are available here :
   http://glou.net/~yb/ if this can help ...

   yann.

--
   Yann.Berthier@hsc.fr * Hervé Schauer Consultants * http://www.hsc.fr/