Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:43:06 -0500
From:      Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>
To:        "Nikhil Kale" <nikhilkale@myrealbox.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to configure console to cover the entire screen?

On Saturday 13 September 2003 05:47 am, Nikhil Kale wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am new to FreeBSD, and recently installed FreeBSD 5.1 on my laptop.
> Everythings working fine, but the console covers only about 50% of the
> screen area (an inner rectagular area) . I configured X and it covers the
> screen properly (1024X768). I would like to configure the console to cover
> the entire screen too. Any pointers????

 Nikhil:

 Any chance you are using an IBM ThinkPad?  I had that problem too and solved
it by running the display self check, that is in the BIOS section. After
running the screen check, the problem went away and the console was restored
to full  screen. I am running FreeBSD 4.8 on an IBM 600E. To get to the
diagnostics checks, I held SHIFT F1 while the notebook booted.

						Kind regards,
						Jonathan