Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 1995 12:54:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Happy Happy snap-0322

A report from my front line is that snap-0322 is working very well compared
to snap-0210.  I was hesitant to upgrade at first because the -current
machine that I run gave me bad vibes for awhile.

snap-0322 is running on my primary server and has stayed up for a longer
duration than snap-0210.  I could count on rebooting or finding out about
a reboot every 48 hours under snap-0210.  Hasn't happened yet on the latest
snap.

It seems to be zippier too.  Thanks guys.

FreeBSD-current has also seemed much more zippy and stable since the
middle of last week.

I had the chance to benchmark windows/nt as an internet server on the
same hardware configuration.  NT gives roughly half the throughput of
the 3/22 snap (thats with the NTFS not FAT so I may be a cheater).  I
am talking about a bunch of simultaneous FTP, WEB, and Gopher sessions.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
bugs@win.net