Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:53:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Adam Kress <akress@neo.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq es1371

AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!! He said >>>>>3.4<<<<<<.  This is the second
guy who's given him 4.X advice.  His device line is the right one: I have
one almost exactly similar on my 3.4 and it works fine (my soundcard is an
SB16 FWIW).  Right off hand, I'd suspect that Adam needs to go into the
bootconfigure stage (boot up, instead of hitting enter at the second
stage, go into the boot prompt, type in boot -c) and enable the PnP card
with all of the settings that he knows of.  It will actually be found as
device pcm1, but that's an artifact of the PnP/pcm drivers, so you'll have
to MAKEDEV snd1.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Mark Ovens wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 10:01:03PM -0400, Adam Kress wrote:
> > hi,
> > I've been searching all day. I've just installed FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE and
> > i can't seem to get anywhere with my sound card. The card is a
> > Soundblaster/Ensoniq PCI ES1371.
>
> Exact make/model?
>
> > I've tried to recompile the kernel with
> > the added lines for the "pcm0 at isa ? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags
> > 0x0".
>
> Try stripping the args from that line, just use:
>
>     device pcm
>
> Note there is no trailing zero.
>
> Rebuild your kernel and post the output of dmesg(8).
>
> > No luck at all. When i run "pnpinfo" it says "no plug-n-play
> > devices found". Any help would restore my hope. Thanks,
> > Adam Kress

Sacred cows make the best burgers

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu, that's who!!!