Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:47:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Fabio Miranda <fmirand@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Offtopic: Web servers

Hi, I'm setting up a web server with FreeBSD. i have
some doubts and hope someone to point me:

1. I have done some web programing using cgi scripts
and they work execellent, but, when i tried to program
databases, it was hard so i switched to php3. Now, i
need the two modules, how can i install Apahce with
mod_perl and mod_php3?, i look for a port and i did no
found it, so i get the 3 file with php3/perl and
apache and tried to compile apache with support of
both, but the instalation was starnge...no start up
file(/usr/local/apache)...etc.

2. I choosed sendmail as my mail program because it's
from BSD and i want to learn it, but, i dont have
documentation. i speak spanish, my english is poor, i
read sendmail web site and it's hard, noone sell the
"sendmail book" from o'reil, where can i get a example
of a sendmail.cf with virtualusertables and virtual
mail hosting?

3. I have many doubts, i have printed all the freebsd
documentation, really, but i still have doubts, i am
confused with dns,so i decided to read linux howto's,
they talk about dns cache, and it looks good cuz my
bandwidtch is small. How can i get more doucmentation
freebsd related?
I have printed all the info of: freebsd.org,
freebsdzine.org, freebsddiary.org, freebsdrocks.org,
etc.
but many are small, and they dont really tell you what
are you doing or dont explain all the options..etc

thanks again, it's hard to become a good sys admin, i
ask my teachers at college and they say "free what?
what is that?....buah, go for NT, many books, many
info...etc"....
this is south america, what a pitty :=)