Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:29:55 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        nik@freebsd.org
Cc:        jason@dstc.edu.au, hubs@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 upcoming release/timetabling/mirroring

Well, again Nik, I asked how people would *feel* about it (read what I
said very carefully), I didn't say that I was announcing a push-back
to that date - that would have occurred in a follow-up making it clear
in no uncertain terms what the new date was.  Some people did feel
that the 14th was a really good idea and others, who communicated with
me more privately, felt that it was a very bad idea for various
reasons I won't go into.  I've since been trying to come up with a
firm date which would make all parties happy and since I have yet to
confirm that, you haven't seen an announcement declaring the new
release date.  Hopefully we can have all this resolved in the next
24 hours or so.

- Jordan