Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 18:00:06 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports failures - HELP!

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 12:36:42PM +0930, Brian Astill wrote:
> On Tue, 21 May 2002 15:02, Jonathan Chen wrote:

[...]
> > Your ports tree is severely out of date. Update your ports tree with
> > cvsup, and make sure your installed ports is update to date.
>
> I updated that tree with FBSD 4.5 release disk 1,  upgrading my existing 4.4
> system.  So the tree shouldn't be out of date to any huge extent(should it?).

Your ports-tree snapshot is 3 months old, way out of date -  everything
in the ports goes out of date very fast.

> However, I tried cvsup ports-supfile and this failed because it could not
> resolve local host (mine? my ISP's?).   :-)  (Yes I DID change the CHANGE
> THIS section to point to an Australian mirror)

You should use cvsup[1-12].freebsd.org for this. Make sure sure you've
got cvsup-SNAP_16_1e or better. Easiest way to do is:

	# cvsup -L2 -h cvsup10.freebsd.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile

If you have a problem with this, report the error (in full) back to
the list.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>