Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:43:56 +1030
From:      Shane Ambler <Shane@007Marketing.com>
Subject:   Re: ip address behind router ?

Looks to me that this page is not entirely accurate. (at least from where I
am)
It would appear to get a proxy server somewhere along the way.

I would consider using the dynamic dns services - such as no-ip - and use a
perl script that updates then ping your dns name.
Not sure if they are more accurate that the below idea though.