Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:33:14 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Tony Pagliocco <tony.pagliocco@asu.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie - CD Burning Question

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:20:51PM -0700, Tony Pagliocco wrote:

> The command I am using is
>
> # burncd -f /dec/acd0c data /home/www/directory fixate

Should be "dev", not "dec".  Is this just a typo in your email, or were
you really typing "dec"?  If you were, maybe that explains the error.

> What I want to do is copy a whole directory and burn it
> to my cd-rom

You can't do that directly.  You need to make an "image" of the CD-ROM
before you burn it; you can use "mkisofs" from the Ports Collection to
do this.

Basically, you can say:

# mkisofs -o image.iso /home/www/directory
# burncd -f /dev/acd0c data image.iso fixate

Note that image.iso will be approximately as large as the sum of all
the files are going onto the CD.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * UNIX is a lever for the
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * intellect. -J.R. Mashey