Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 07:52:19 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        gclarkii@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Handbook Stuff

    Gary> I have no problems listing an author at the beginging of the
    Gary> book, but this would not be consistent with the rest of the
    Gary> document.  Printing is not a big problem if I have Seans'
    Gary> permission to print it.

You've got it.  I hereby grant permission, etc., etc., etc., to Gary
Clark II, etc., etc., etc., to photograph, print, publish, store in a
retrieval system, etc., the chapter on printing.

I'd like the material I submitted to be treated as if it were under
the spirit and/or the letter of your typical BSD license.  If someone
whose appropriately annointed could insert the license, that'd be
super.

We can come up with a BSD-DOC license, if it's really needed.  We
could probably collapse the first two clauses of the BSD license,
maybe say that the notice needs to be included in the front matter or
its non-printed equivalent, something like that.

    Gary> 1. All generic documents (meaning all docs produced by doc
    Gary> team) be copyright FreeBSD Project, Inc.  2. Require all
    Gary> other documents be under a BSD style.  3. List the license
    Gary> in each file as a comment.

Sounds good.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the
dirt and beg for it.  -- Jack Handey