Date:      Wed, 08 Apr 1998 09:32:24 -0700
From:      Kedar Rajadnya <kedar@asacomputers.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BrookTree 848 causing my screen to get messed up, how to fix?

        Hi,

        We are having a sub-set of the problem with the 440FX chipset.  We
are using the Hauppauge WincastTV.  It sometimes decides it is PAL.  I've
been trying to find out why we received a PAL card in the U.S.  I'm guessing
we have the right cards and are experiencing what Mr. Burr is?
        On the current issue, maybe the VGA is not one of the BT848
'compatible' ones?

Thanks,
Kedar.