Date:      Mon, 08 Jan 1996 07:52:05 -0800
From:      gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com
To:        dzebe@qualcomm.com (donald zebe)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: security

donald zebe wrote in message ID
<v02120d00ad16da966876@[129.46.54.212]>:
> www security is a real concern for those who use credit cards to purchase
> goods and services. Are ther any real security (encryption or encoding)
> options that exist within this operating system ? Would it be accepted ?
> Would the program be adapatable to other os ?

Netscape's Commerce server has secure transactions and runs under
FreeBSD 2.0.5 and 2.1. Just point any netscape browser at
https://www-secure.cdrom.com/ to see :-) (You should see the little
key at the bottom become whole, and the border at the top change to a
blue colour).

Appache 1.0 also has SSL apparently, although I haven't tried it yet

Gary