Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 95 10:55:12 JST
From:      tanizaki_nao@hrt.shi.co.jp (Naoaki Tanizaki(=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQys6aiEhRD4+PBsoQg==?=))
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        tanizaki_nao@hrt.shi.co.jp (Naoaki Tanizaki(=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQys6aiEhRD4+PBsoQg==?=))
Subject:    I'm looking for Motif for FreeBSD.

   Our company have been developing an image processing system
for nuclear medicine.
We developed it on OSF/1 and SunOS with OSF Motif.
As you know, there are many DOS/V PCs in the world and
they are getting powerfull.
So, we have a plan for migrating it to DOS/V PC with FreeBSD.
Then,  if you could, would you please answer following questions?

 1) Can we use FreeBSD as a product platform?
      If we could it, what should we do for it?
 2) I'm looking for Motif for FreeBSD.
      How can we get Motif for FreeBSD?

Incidentally, we are testing FreeBSD on following configuration.
We could install v2.0.5R on our system successfully and we
have been using it with no problem.

System Configuration
MOTHER BOAD : P/I-P55TP4XE (with 256KB cashe)
CPU                 : Pentium 133MHz (P54C-133)
MEMORY          : 32MB
VIDEO BOAD     : MACH64PCI(E)/2MB (ATI Technologies inc)
FDD                 : A3.5" (3mode)
HDD                 : IDE1.2GB
NETWORK I/F   : 3C509-TP (3Com)
SCSI I/F           : PCI-SC200 (NCR)

I think you are very busy, but your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

Naoaki Tanizaki
Engineer
Research & Development Center
Coporate Technology Operations Group
SUMITOMO HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LTD.
63-30 YUUHIGAOKA, HIRATSUKA KANAGAWA-KEN 245, JAPAN
TEL 0463-21-8421 FAX 0463-21-8455
E-mail tanizaki_nao@hrt.shi.co.jp