Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2001 19:41:28 +0100
From:      Volker Sturm <v.sturm@gmx.de>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: defaultroute?

Hi,
thanks for the tcpdump tip. It works now. It searched for news servers I
didn't even have in messenger any more. The problem was that there were a few
.newsrc-* files in my home directory. That's where netscape got the info from
even when I had already deleted the news accounts in netscape. I deleted the
(btw EMPTY, zero bytes) files and everything was fine. I would say that this
is a really strange behavior of netscape.

Thanks again,
Volker