Date:      Sat, 08 Jul 2000 15:04:34 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4 modules

On 7/8/00, 2:41:57 PM, "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org> wrote=20
regarding RELENG_4 modules:

> Modules appear to be installed both during installworld and when
> installing a new kernel.  Was module-building with the kernel meant to=
=20
be
> MFC'd?  If so, shouldn't we disable building/installing during the=20
world
> build/install?

> -----
> Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org
> FreeBSD: The Power To Serve   -   http://www.FreeBSD.org

Dear Chris Faulhaber,

once upon a time, er, a few weeks ago, there was a thread dealing with=20
these specific issues (you may wish to look for "panic in the=20
morning", or something like that).

In order to prevent the out of sync problem, the mechanism that has=20
very recently been MFC-ed to -STABLE was then implemented.

HTH a tiny bit,
Salvo =20