Date:      Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:54:01 +0800
From:      hxw_maillist1 <hxw_maillist1@sina.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crystal PnP Audio System

Hello Sirs,
Could you please tell me how to configurate my kernel to support "Crystal PnP Audio System" of my IBM Thinkpad 600E.

I tried
device pcm
device csa
in my kernel, but failed. The following is the messages showed when system boots:

csa0: <Crystal Semiconductor CS4610/4611 Audio accelerator> mem 0x50000000-0x500fffff,0x50100000-0x50100fff irq 11 at device 6.0 on pci0
device_probe_and_attach: csa0 attach returned 6

The following is the information for the sound card in the Windows 98's control panel:

Crystal PnP Audio System CODEC
     I/O: 0530 - 0537
          0388 - 038B
          0220 - 0233
     IRQ: 05
     DMA: 01
          00
Crystal PnP Audio System Control Registers
     I/O: 0538 - 053F
Crystal PnP Audio System Joystick
     I/O: 0200 - 0207
Crystal PnP Audio System MPU-401 Compatible
     I/O: 0300 - 0303
     IRQ: 10
Crystal SoundFusion(tm) PCI Audio Accelerator
     IRQ: 11
     MEM: 50100000 - 50100FFF
          50000000 - 500FFFFF
Crystal SoundFusion(tm) Virtual MPU-401