Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 21:22:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      z_keithd@TITAN.SFASU.EDU
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: booting from wd2

Thanks to everyone who has sent mail regarding how to boot properly.

1:wd(2,a)/kernel    worked like a charm until it went to mount the drives.

So...I booted into single mode and fan fsck manually and mounted the
partitions properly...the problem however is that on a recompile when I
put the kernel on wd2 (that line...) After a complete compile when I
reboot I still have to put 1:wd(2,a)/kernel to boot and when that works,
it freezes after probing the isa bus and gives me a bunch of stuff
(would post here, but having to run between rooms to send mail...)
and then reboots.  I can still boot with the other kernel and go the other
way again.

Any suggestions?  I've found none in the archives of the mailing list.