Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2019 21:53:44 -0500
From:      Theron <theron.tarigo@gmail.com>
To:        Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Long-shot: repeatable macOS samba share unmounting during Lightroom import

On 2019-11-23 21:33, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> It feels like a
> time-out bug somewhere, but (a) there is no complaint, and (b) the
> network traffic is light at the time.  Needless to say Apple
> documentation is useless.
Maybe there is a way to reproduce the Lightroom's file access pattern
from a shell script in a way that reproduces the problem. Then the same
access pattern could be done from a FreeBSD client to see whether it
happens there as well.

Apple's SMB client appears to be FreeBSD's smbfs, however extended by
Apple to support protocol version 3.
https://opensource.apple.com/source/smb/smb-759.40.1/kernel/smbfs/smbfs.h.auto.html
(Off-topic: I wonder if anyone has looked at porting this back to FreeBSD?)

Maybe the differences are too great for the bug to appear on both systems.