Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2013 04:38:14 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 802.11b or g compared to n or ac

> The stack supports 11n.

> There's a bunch of 11n capable PCI/PCIe and USB hardware.

> All the Atheros PCI/PCIe 11n hardware is supported.

> I'm fixing up the intel support to do 11n "right".

> Which version of FreeBSD are you using? You should be running 10.0 for
> "working" 11n.

-adrian

On the computer with MSI Z77 MPOWER motherboard, I have installations of FreeBSD 10.0-BETA1 for both amd64 and i386, and FreBSD-HEAD also for both amd64 and i386.

This motherboard has onboard Atheros AR9271 wi-fi, quasi-USB, and I also have Hiro H50191 USB-stick wi-fi adapter, driver rsu.

On the other computer, I have FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE, have compiled ndis driver for this Hiro for WinXP, Vista and 7, all 64-bit, but this awaits testing with my USB-stick installation of FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE.

I noticed that rsu and urtwn are in FreeBSD beginning with 10.0, and athn is in NetBSD beginning with HEAD (6.99.xx).

Tom