Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:24:38 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
From:      "Michael R. Galvez" <mrg8n@cms.mail.virginia.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 Install -What happened to the device choices?

I am trying to upgrade from 3.3 to 4.0. System is AMD K6-2
400 w/64m RAM, 9gb HD. My 3.3 Install wasn't broke, but I
decided "What the heck, I'll upgrade". The 4.0 kernel
install (CLI and full screen mode) shows fewer devices such
as my network card 3COM 3C509. There seems to be
noticeably fewer hardware options. How do I install kernel
support for my NIC?

Thanks

 * Michael Galvez                  Email:  mrg8n@virginia.edu  *
 * Programmer/Analyst     Messenger Mail:  Carruthers Hall     *
 * Financial Analysis             Office:  804-982-2975        *
 * University of Virginia                                      *