Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:43:03 -0500
From:      David Kleiner <kleiner@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0-release: gusc panic

Hi,

I have an PNP ISA Gravis Ultrasound card, which I have tried,
unsuccessfully to enable on a freshly installed 5.0-release box
(desktop).  I enabled pcm and gusc devices in kernel config and
I get panic at boot time.  I don't have a crash dump yet but will
be able to get it tonight if anyone interested.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  What are my options at this point?

On an unrelated note, my sony laptop (r505te) has lost its brains - I get
hard errors in it when going into fixit floppy and both win-me and
freebsd slices are gone :(  Disk is visible and doesn't complain when
slices are created (not committed) but its previous disklabel (and mbr?)
is shot.  Booting without floppies give "no operating system present" message.

The laptop is successfully booting off the cdrom (firewire) but doesn't see it
as a valid media when trying to install from it.

/D.