Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 02:29:35 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>, Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: One-floppy FreBSD + rich networking

Amancio Hasty scribbled this message on Jan 21:
> Since we are now blessed with fast ide cdroms , it would be really
> cool to have a CDROM version of picoBSD . The space is nice however,
> I am thinking that we can boot a lot faster from a CD ...

not so much the speed booting, but think of what you could put on
650megs of space?  you could do a nice Xserver with that... where you
grab the xf86 config file off of some anon ftp server or something...
you would have complete local fonts...

for $450 you could get a 8x cdrom, 32megs ram, 4meg video card (s3 virge
based), k5/133, keyboard, mouse...  add $200 to $1000 for a monitor and
you have a nice xterminal... :)

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD