Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:20:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Barnett Hsu <barnett@engr.ucr.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   su isn't logging via syslog

Hi.

It is my understanding that su logs via the syslog
auth and authpriv facilities.  However, I've tried
auth.*, authpriv.*, auth.info, and auth.notice in
syslog.conf on some FreeBSD systems (ranging from
version 2.2 through 4.0) and su attempts don't
show up in the log, even if the attempt was
unsuccessful.  su attempts don't show up when I
tried *.* as well.

What could be the problem?