Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:57:28 +0900
From:      Rob Lahaye <lahaye@snu.ac.kr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mozilla 1.7 more unstable than 1.6?

Hi,

I have just upgraded my mozilla install from ports collection to version 1.7.

Since then, mozilla seems to crash frequently (once a day or so) when
webbrowsing. When I then revisit the same page it crashed on, there is no
problem. This makes the error rather unreproducible.

(Much less frequent I had hangs with Mozilla 1.6, but that seemed to
be related to difficult webpage designs, which hanged Mozilla each
time I visited the site; with "hang" I mean, mozilla windows are still
there, but no reponse to key or mouse input anymore).

Apparently there's some bugs in 1.7 that accumulate and then crash
the application; "crash" means here that all mozilla windows simply
disappear, instantly gone.

Anybody else experiences this?

I wonder if it's a mozilla bug or a more freebsd related issue.
These are my installed ports (related to Mozilla):
  mozilla-1.7,2
  jdk-1.4.2p6_4
  linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.05
  linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_1