Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:55:23 +0100 (CET)
From:      Maarten van Schie <AnEra@dds.nl>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Mars Attack <marsattack@cannoncreek.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1.1-Stable

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 11:48:49AM +0800, Mars Attack wrote:
> > is there still a cvs repository (internat) that still has 4.1.1-STABLE
> > and not 4.2-BETA? 4.2Beta is still very buggy..
>
> This is the stage of releasing FreeBSD 4.2 that we need feedback.
> What is buggy about 4.2-BETA?  Just a build problem (those _will_ get
> fixed ASAP), or something else?

Indeed something else..I succesfully upgraded to 4.2-BETA and it was
running smoothly..until...until I wanted to read my mail and join The
Undernet.

Pine and BitchX both take several minutes to grow from simple bits to
the output they usualy present after several microseconds...I already
noticed it happening in 4.1.1-S as of the day before I cvsuped to 4.2-B.
I didn't have and havn't been able to free the necessary time to send some
mail, so here it is.

I hope it will be fixed shortly,

Maarten.

P.S. if anyone needs it, I've got ktrace output of pine ready and waiting
to be analysed.