Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2006 12:43:47 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: heavy NFS writes lead to corrup summary in superblock

Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> п'ятниця 09 червень 2006 13:27, Eric Anderson написав:
>> Just curious - what NFS mount options are being used,
>
> The fs is accessed by the remote client machines (mostly -- Solaris) via
> automounters -- with the default parameters.
>
>> and are you changing any sysctl's (vfs/nfs related)?
>
> No, should I?
>
> 	-mi

Shouldn't need to - I just recalled having seen some strange problems
long ago when 'tweaking' some vfs sysctls, and wondering if you had
possibly done the same.

I'm curious to know if just local heavy writes would cause the problem,
or if it has to be through NFS.  Also, possibly adding the 'sync' option
to the fs mount point could change things..

I'm not sure what those things would tell us for sure, but they would be
interesting none-the-less.

Eric