Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:40:12 +0100
From:      "Dennis Pedersen" <mlists@daydreamer.dk>
To:        "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ESP + IPFW

----- Original Message -----
From: "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 6:28 AM

> > Now, everything works fine.  But I would like to be able to firewall the
> > packets *after* they are translated by IPSec (ESP)  with IPFW?  How
would I
> > do that?  They seem to only pass into IPFW once, not twice..  Can you
run IPF
> > with IPFW to do it, and in that case which firewalling system gets
matched
> > first?
>
> Yep. They go through ipfw(8) once. If you run ipf(8), they go through
> ipf(8) then ipfw(8)... once.

I'm currently running natd,racoon (with gif) and ipfw on the same box. I
can't seem to figure what process to packets go throug right before ipfw (as
in : i don't now what ip number i have to allow the packets from - is it the
peer gif ip, peer wan ip , peer lan , gif?)
Anyone got a hint?

Regards,
Dennis