Date:      Sun,  1 Oct 1995 21:24:03 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   How to add new swap partition? (prob. subj. for FAQ)

I make yet one partition on my disk and even change its ID to A5 using
disk editor (from DOS),
but when I attempt to add it for swap, I got "device not configured"
from swapon.
disklabel says: ioctl DIOCGDINFO: Invalid argument too.
Why kernel not make fake label for it from partition info?
(I don't want to calculate all label parameters).
What is proper commads sequence for adding swap partition?
Thanx in advance.
--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -