Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:55:39 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: razor-agent.log vanishing

Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> On 02/09/03 02:53 PM, Per olof Ljungmark sat at the `puter and typed:
>
>>Dear all,
>>
>>FreeBSD 4.6.2-p4+postfix 1.11+SA 2.44+Razor-agents 2.22
>>
>>Nobody at razor-users or SA-Talk seems to know so I thought I give
>>it a try here.
>>
>>I have a problem understanding how to configure the razor-agent.log.
>>On two mail servers running FreeBSD 4.6.2 and OpenBSD 3.2 I
>>experience same issue: razor-agent.log stops logging for some reason
>>(probably me). Razor is called from Spamassassin.
>>
>>Everything else works fine, SA, Razor2 checks, postfix etc. are all
>>without a problem but razor-agent.log is completely empty even if
>>Razor does what it should.
>>
>>Permissions are checked ok Paths are checked ok I have read all the
>>applicable man pages I ran razor-admin with applicable options
>>razor-agent.conf seems ok with correct log settings There are no
>>errors generated anywhere Razorhome is properly configured
>>
>>SA is 2.44, but have seen same behaviour with 2.41 and 2.43 Razor
>>2.22 from 2.20, same thing
>>
>>I have simply ran out of options here, could somebody offer a clue
>>on where to start?
>

> I have been trying to resort my mail configuration to include
> spamassassin, running from procmail as the recipient to allow per-user
> whitelists and blacklists.  So I've been hitting razor around the
> perimiter myself.  The logfile location is one I haven't quite been
> able to get locked down either, but check ~/.razor/ and see if it
> shows up there.

No, it's not there, in fact it is nowhere. <razor-home> is in
/var/spool/filter/.razor/ where everything else *except* the log (which
is clearly defined in razor-agent.conf) shows up proper. It used to
work, then vanished, then after running razor-admin it came back only to
dissappear again, and I'm clueless :-(