Date:      Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:36:20 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ashok Shrestha <ashok.shrestha@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org, Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: HowTo Get Max Peform with MySQL 5.0 and FreeBSD 5.4 ??

--Qbvjkv9qwOGw/5Fx

On 2005.11.17 12:57:58 -0500, Ashok Shrestha wrote:
>  On 11/15/05, Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/15/05, Ashok Shrestha <ashok.shrestha@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm using MySQL 5.0.15 with FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE amd64.
> >
> > > I would like to get the maximum performance out of this box.
> > > What options (MAKE, kernel, etc...) should I use to achieve
> > > this? What about loading the INDEX file into memory?
> >
> > You might want to take a look at:
> >
> > http://wikitest.freebsd.org/moin.cgi/MySQL
>
>  I wanted to add more info to the wiki, but it appears that only develope=
rs
> are allowed to make changes. =3D(
>  Do you know if this wiki will turn more public?

The people administering the FreeBSD.org systems are already quite
busy, so we unfortunatly don't have time to handle all the issues that
comes with having a public wiki.  That's the reason the FreeBSD wiki
is only for FreeBSD committers and selected contributors (mainly the
Google Summer of Code participants), which is also the purpose the
wiki was originally created for.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
Hat of the day: wikitest.FreeBSD.org admin

--Qbvjkv9qwOGw/5Fx

--Qbvjkv9qwOGw/5Fx--