Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 11:47:09 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        cvs-committers@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   MacWorld Keynote

Doug White and myself managed to get tickets to MacWorld which included
the keynote address.  Doug was unable to attend the keynote due to work,
but I took a day off to attend the keynote.

When Steven Jobs was talking about MacOS X's Darwin project, he said
that it would bring Linux-like features to MacOS.  He then stated that
FreeBSD was the code they were basing their new Darwin core off of.
They did misspell FreeBSD on the slides as free bsd.

I'm sure that there are movies available w/ it in his keynote.

Wes Horner also pointed out that on their new page that talks about
the latest of Mac OS X (including the new user interface that was
announced) includes a mention that Darwin is based upon FreeBSD 3.2
(they spell it correctly on the web page).

http://www.apple.com/macosx/inside.html

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 408 975 9651
  Cu Networking

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson