Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2007 01:08:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "zigniew szalbot" <zbigniew@szalbot.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd / gateway / parental control

Hello,

Thank you all who have responded!

>> > utility. I guess I can use pf. But would that be enough? I think it
>> > would
>> > have to be something that would allow me to define keywords based
>> > on which
>> > sites containing them would get automatically blocked on the fbsd
>> > gateway.
>> > I'd rather use open source solutions.
>>
>> squid and squidguard seem like the obvious choices to me.
>>
>> -j
>
> I use squid and dansguardian. Very easy to setup.
> 	/usr/ports/www/dansguardian

I have never tried squid but it seems quite a big package. I have also
seen oops but not sure which to choose. Basically, will squid not be an
overkill for a family network consisting of 3-4 machines? The box I want
to devote for gateway/pc purposes is a Compaq PIII 866 Mhz with 512 MB RAM
and 40GB HD.

Thank you!

Zbigniew Szalbot
Zbigniew Szalbot