Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:44:40 -0500
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fynamic DNS updates with isc-dhcp3 port?

I just installed the isc-dhcp3 on a 4.9 STABLE machine that is also the DNS
server for my domain.

I enable ad-hoc Dynamic DNS updates, and I;m getting error messages about
them timing out. I read the dhcpd.conf man page that came with the port,
and now I;m _reallY_ confused.

Even though this option is in the sample config file, it;s documented as
not working. Worse I don't see the syntax of what to put in it's place in
that man page.

Also do I have to configure bind to accept this updates?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin