Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 2003 00:59:08 +0200
From:      Marcus Larsson <kore@mindwipe.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise PDC20378 SATA150 controller problems

  Hi all!

  According to www.freebsd.org/releases/5.1R/hardware-i386.html#AEN63
  FreeBSD doesnt seem to support the PDC20378 chipset. Anyway, output
  of dmesg, atapci0: <Promise PDC20378 SATA150 controller> port
  0xdc00-0xdc7f,0xdfa0-0xdfaf,0xdf00-0xdf3f mem
  0xfeac0000-0xfeadffff,0xfeafe000-0xfeafefff irq 11 at device 4.0 on
  pci2

  more dmesg output:

  ar0: ERROR - array broken
  ar0: 58623MB <ATA RAID0 array> [7473/255/63] status: BROKEN subdisks:
   disk0 READY on ad8 at ata4-master
   disk1 DOWN no device found for this disk
  Opened disk ad8 -> 1
  Opened disk ad8 -> 1

  I dont know what to believe, the second disk is a maxtor, it's
  working. When Im using the Fasttrak RAID BIOS utility it recognizes
  the fujitsu as master and the maxtor as slave. I can even create a
  mirrored array and copy the data from maxtor to the fujitsu.

  Can someone confirm that this chipset is or isn't supported by
  FreeBSD?

  Kind regards,

--
Marcus Larsson, Stockholm, Sweden