Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:07:16 -0600
From:      "Samuel Chow" <samuelc@samuelstn.dhs.org>
To:        <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dhcp client and cable modem

> I'm using the FBSD built in dhcp client on the Nic card to the cable
modem.
> My ipfw firewall is denying a bunch of packets which never happened
> with the modem connection.
>
> Could somebody tell me what ipfw rules I need to allow the cable isp
> dhcp server to correspond with my FBSD gateway?

    Are you saying your dhclient cannot get an IP address because
    of ipfw?  If so, try the following rules (of course, replace
    rule number and interface):

    # Allow DHCP packets in and out
    3200 add pass udp from any 68 to any 67 out via xl0
    3200 add pass udp from any 67 to any 68 in via xl0

    Hope this helps.

---
Samuel Chow
samuelc@samuelstn.dhs.org

This message is displayed using recycled electrons.
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)