Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:28:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Todd Backman <todd@flyingcroc.net>
To:        Golden Fischer <gfish@uniqsite.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Manually configure NIC

mediaopt full-duplex or mediaopt half-duplex in rc.conf

ex:

ifconfig_fxp0="inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx media 100basetx mediaopt full-duplex
netmask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Golden Fischer wrote:

> I've never tried this and didn't know whether it can be done:
>
> On the server NIC, can I change the handshake from full-dupe to half-dupe
> and vice versa?  Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Fischer

Todd Backman <todd@flyingcroc.net>           "there are two major products
Network Systems Admin                        that came out of berkeley
Flying Crocodile, Inc.                       lsd and unix.
Seattle, WA                                  we don't believe this to be
"chaos is a good teacher..."                 a coincidence." j.s.anderson